WHAT IS NCOP?
New Cadet Orientation Program – NCOP is a 3 day orientation event (August 28th-30th of 2019) that helps new cadets get started in ROTC. New cadets will learn about the program and what it’s like to be in ROTC. Some of the topics covered during orientation include proper customs and courtesies (how to talk and interact with people in the program) and basic drill movements like standing at the position of attention, facing movements, and saluting. We also introduce new cadets to the kind of physical fitness exercises that we do for ROTC Physical Training. This is also a great opportunity for incoming cadets to meet their classmates as well as returning cadets. NCOP is the cadets’ first insight into being a cadet in the Air Force ROTC program at the University of Michigan Detachment 390.
NCOP invitations with more details about the event will be emailed out before August. If you’re interested in Air Force ROTC and attending NCOP, please email email@example.com to request an invitation.
If you can not attend NCOP because of a scheduling conflict, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . The typical schedule for ROTC is the following:
Every Thursday beginning in September,
0550-0750: Leadership Lab
0800-0900: Physical Training
0900-1000: AERO101 (freshman level Air Force ROTC academic class)
1000-1100: AERO201 (sophomore level Air Force ROTC academic class)
1. PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO REVIEW AND FILL OUT IN-PROCESSING PAPERWORK.
START WITH THE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION FOR DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO FILL OUT EACH FORM; DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION TO VIEW THE NOTES PAGE FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS.
DO NOT SIGN OR DATE ANY OF THE FORMS.
2. ALONG WITH THE FORMS ON THIS WEBSITE, PLEASE COMPLETE AN ONLINE APPLICATION HERE.
BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU:
- Original State certified birth certificate with raised seal, proof of naturalization or current U.S. passport to certify U.S. citizenship
- Social Security Card
- Selective Service Card (males only) Click here to Register
- Official ACT / SAT Scores
- Transcripts from any post high school technical or colleges attended and Advance Placement (AP) course certificates.
- JROTC certificate of completion and Letter from JROTC Commander (if applicable)
- Name and address of any law enforcement offices that issued you a ticket or fined you, and also the dates of the incident(s). Bring any paperwork associated with those incidents to include copies of tickets or fines.
- Civil Air Patrol Award (Billy Mitchell Award, Amelia Earhart Award, Carl Spaatz Award – (if applicable)
- Boy Scouts Eagle Scout or Girl Scout Cadet Senior Scout with Gold Palm Award paperwork (if applicable)
NCOP WELCOME PACKET
PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO REVIEW THE NEW CADET ORIENTATION PROGRAM WELCOME PACKET.
PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO REVIEW AND FILL OUT HSSP FINANCIAL PAPERWORK.
THIS PAPERWORK IS ONLY REQUIRED IF YOU ARE A NEW AIR FORCE ROTC SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT.